Wednesday 12 March 2014

anne et valentin

Introducing my new pair of glasses: the handmade Factory One in tortoiseshell from French label Anne et Valentin (take a look at their website - it's a good one and very fun). I bought my original pair of Factory Ones (in a striking shade of emerald green) a few years ago and I haven't looked back since. Well, admittedly I bought another pair of frames from Paul Smith a year or so ago which I'm quite fond of, and I occasionally wear my nice old pair from Cutler and Gross, but more often than not I stick to my favourite French glasses in all their green gloriousness. Just before Christmas however I popped in to see my jolly optician on Fleet Street and discovered this smart tortoiseshell version. I couldn't resist. The shape is so delightful, not too round, just perfect, and I love the blue enamel detail on the end of each arm. But what next? I wish I had pairs in pale pink, brilliant blue, burnt orange!

An old picture: wearing my green pair, on the north coast of Devon.

From the 2014 Anne et Valentin lookbook.

Do make sure to read the story behind the brand, it's lovely, inspiring stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment