Tuesday 17 November 2015

newsflash!

Newsflash from LEH HQ! After a wonderful two years I stopped working as an interior designer for Ben Pentreath at the end of October, which was sad in many ways. Excitingly however, I am currently in the process of setting up my own studio not far from my home in North London.

This new opportunity will allow me to concentrate on creating artwork for both commercial and private clients.

At the moment I am working on a bunch of drawings and paintings for the Parker Palm Springs hotel in California.

I will also be offering interior design services. Recently I've been working on the interiors of this handsome Georgian house in the Kent countryside.

The plan is to collaborate with the lovely owners on sourcing furniture, choosing paint colours and so on, room by room. We started in the Drawing Room by painting the walls a deep greeny blue, before having a big new sofa made. It's covered in a heavy mustard corduroy. I absolutely love corduroy. The colours of the antique striped kilim rug we found are just perfect - that burnt orange next to that mint green next to that pale pink. Heaven.

In the near future I will be building upon my small existing homewares collection and launching new fabric and ceramic designs. More about those soon. On another note, my shop with 1stdibs went live yesterday. Do take a look! I'll be making some special one-off pieces for 1stdibs - plates and platters, drawings and prints... Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. The best of luck with your new endeavours, Luke! Love your creations.

    ReplyDelete