Sunday 16 December 2012

bath time

It's been a very busy month so far, as December always is of course. On Friday evening we hosted a festive party at our house, and after quite a few glasses of prosecco and sloe gin (a delightful Sipsmith variety), Saturday turned out to be somewhat of a write-off. To make up for the lost day, I rose bright and early this morning, cycled over to Paddington and hopped on a train bound for the west, to Bath. I wanted to visit two very good friends of mine who grew up in and around the splendid city - friends that I hadn't seen in much too long. We spent the morning browsing nice little shops for good cheese and good books and the precious few afternoon hours at my friend's house, where we ate said cheese and read said books. I caught a late train and cycled home through a very dark Regent's Park. After a quick catch up on Christmas food TV (the best) and a hot bath, slumber calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment