Wednesday 3 April 2013

magazine reading: the world of interiors may 2013

After spending months trying to get the design of our bathroom just right, I've become more than a little obsessed with what makes a washroom wonderful. Whenever I happen to enter a new one (a friend's/restaurant's/hotel's), I can't help but notice every single detail - the taps, the tiles, the towels, the lighting... So, naturally, when the new issue of The World of Interiors arrived through our letterbox a few days ago, I was very happy to discover that the May issue is dedicated to the best kitchens and bathrooms the world over. Ah, the kitchen and the bathroom: my two favourite places, without a shadow of a doubt, simply because I like to eat lots and I like to take long baths (more than anything, really).

Talking of bathrooms, we're still on the lookout for a big mirror to grace the wall of ours at home. We actually bought a very beautiful one from Habitat, but it arrived smashed to pieces in its box. This happened two more times - same mirror, same shop. The horror! Doesn't this mean that I've accumulated 21 years worth of bad luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment