Friday 5 April 2013

the country house springtime hit list

Read my latest piece for Cherchbi (the British leather goods company), The Country House Springtime Hit List, by visiting their journal here.

As I sit here at home, fingers cold and typing, I find myself staring out of the window, past bare, skeletal trees and into grim, grey depths of nothingness. A little bleak? Well, I think we’re all in agreement that winter has long outstayed its welcome. Perpetual snow showers and icy, bitter winds are trying our collective patience. Yet I can still dream of the springtime (it will come, it categorically has to) and in these dreams, what best conjures hope? Bright sunshine, sprawling lawns, fountains, gardens and a big old country house to get lost in, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment